Please read each of the following things to consider before scheduling your photo/video appointment so that we can be sure that your listing photos and property video appointment goes smoothly and produces the best results!
1. Desired On Market Date:
It is in your and your sellers’ best interest to have the photos and video ready to upload as soon as your listing goes on the market in order to maximize the reach to potential buyers. Your listing photos will be delivered online by 9am morning after our appointment. Same day photo delivery is available for an additional fee, but we do not recommend putting the listing on the market on the same day the photos are taken, if possible. Due to longer file transfer and conversion times, same day property video processing is not available. Videos will be completed within 48 hours of the video appointment, unless specified otherwise.
2. Weather Forecast:
The weather forecast is constantly changing and almost never correct, but please check the forecast ahead of time and give us as much notice as possible if you or your sellers will want to reschedule due to bad weather.
You can find a local 10 day forecast at www.Weather.com
3. Which Direction Does the Home Face:
– North – Morning is best for North facing homes because the front of the home is covered in shadows most of the day.
– South – The front exterior should have good sunlight for most of the day if the home faces South.
– East – East facing homes are better in the morning or early afternoon while the sun is on the front side of the home.
– West – West facing homes are better in the early afternoon once the sun reaches the front side of the home.
4. Trash Pickup Schedule:
A street lined with trash cans and debris piles doesn’t always make for the best curb appeal…
Refer to this website to find out trash pickup schedules for your listing: Sacramento County Pick Up Schedule
5. Contractor Schedules / Delays:
A contractor’s schedule can get delayed or backed up for any number of reasons. Please confirm that all work is completed before scheduling your photo appointment. We recommend using a cleaning service after the work is completed as well to remove dust, clean windows and glass surfaces, remove footprints, etc.
6. Gardener / Exterior Cleaning Schedules:
Talk to your seller and find out if there is a regularly scheduled gardener, yard service, or pool cleaning service. If so, find out what day and time they normally come and how long it takes them at the home. We will want to try and schedule photos shortly after they have done their work if possible.
7. Housekeeper / Staging Schedules:
If you are having the home professionally staged or cleaned, please make sure that you find out when they will be finished at the home. Sometimes staging a home can take multiple days, so it is usually not a good idea to schedule the staging and photography for the same day.